Thursday, January 31, 2013

DIY: Closet Separators (a must have for the nursery)

I just knew that my baby would have to have a walk in closet. Of course, he is my child, and I love to shop! I received so many outfits at my baby showers that the closet was full almost even before Korbin Bru was born. I needed some way to organize the massive amounts of clothing that he had. I also wanted something that could help my mom, dad, or even husband put up the laundry without having to ask where something went. (I have the issue that I want things done right and would rather do it myself so I know it gets done the way I want it.) This little idea gave me a little reprieve in terms of doing the laundry during those first few weeks and even months. 

This DIY was one of the most simplistic ideas that I did for Korbin's nursery. Not only is it helpful in terms of organization, it is also very pleasing aesthetically. 


You can see that I have a section that is labeled sleeper while every other hanger is label with months. That is because the sleepers actually used to be the newborn hanger.


I had Labels for Newborn, 0-3, 3-6, 6-9. 9 and 12 months


up close and personal with the closet separators








Easy Closet Separators

  • As many wooden door knob hangers as you want (purchased at Hobby Lobby for 99 cents a piece)
  • Scrapbook paper-I chose to have a different piece per hanger but you could do all the same or two colors or whatever, your imagination is the limit
  • Removable Multi-Use Labels-trust me and get the removable ones. They are easy to peel off and replace. (See the picture above where I changed the Newborn out for Sleepers) This way you can change them as the baby grows. I purchased this Avery brand from Office Max for under 4 dollars. 
  • Exacto Knife
  • Ribbon of your choice
  • Modge Podge


Cut the paper into manageable strips. Put the Modge Podge glue on the wooden hanger and then affix the paper. I had ends hanging off everywhere, and I let it dry like that. Then, I simply trimmed the paper with the eExacto Knife and then cut out the door knob hanger. I affixed the label to the center of the hanger and tied on a ribbon. Easy-peasy!






No comments:

Post a Comment